The Cricut EasyPress 2 is Cricut’s big release of 2018. It’s available in 3 different sizes, and is now for sale.
Let’s take a look at all the new features of the EasyPress 2, “with the speed of a heat press and convenience of an iron”. I love my EasyPress 1, but this looks even better…
The New Cricut EasyPress 2
It’s available in 3 sizes, each with its own stand.
If you’re someone who wants a small heat press for travel, the small EasyPress 2 (6 x 7 inches) is a great new option.
There are also new sizes of EasyPress mat for sale.
What’s The Difference Between The EasyPress & EasyPress 2?
There have been some good changes between the EasyPress 1 & EasyPress 2. There are technology improvements and other refinements to make the product better.
- It is now in 3 different sizes – 6 x 7 inches, 9 x 9 inches, and 12 x 10 inches (EP1 is 9 x 9 inches)
- Remembers previous press time (see more below)
- It gets hotter – EP1 had a max temp of 350°F whereas EP2 has a max temp of 400°F
- Able to press more materials than the EP1
- EP2 heats up to 25% quicker than the EP1
- A thicker heat plate with less temperature variance (EP1 is +/- 9°F, EP2 is +/- 5°F)
- A new safer safety base that will keep whatever it’s on up to 60°F cooler
- EasyPress 2 has a USB port for firmware updates
- The color has changed from sky blue to raspberry red
EasyPress 2 Remembers Previous Press Settings
With EasyPress 1, each time you pressed you needed to reset the time and temperature. EasyPress 2 remembers the previous press settings for you to use when doing multiple t-shirts.
I’ve not found it much of a hassle with EP1, but it will make things a bit quicker at times.
The 6″ x 7″ Small Cricut EasyPress 2
The smallest EasyPress is 6 x 7 inches. It’s awesome for pressing kids t shirts and baby onesies.
The 9″ x 9″ Medium Cricut EasyPress 2
The new medium sized EasyPress 2 is the same size as the original EasyPress – 9 x 9 inches.
The 12″ x 10″ Large Cricut EasyPress 2
The large Cricut EasyPress 2 is great for those wanting to do larger transfers for adult t-shirts, farmhouse signs, and so on. It is still quite a bit smaller than the standard 15 x 15 inch heat press, but perhaps that’s what we can look forward to with the EasyPress 3!
More Info On The Cricut EasyPress 2
So should you wait for the new Cricut press in September, or should you get the old one? It may depend on your budget.
The original EasyPress is still a fantastic machine, and it will be cheaper (and is currently cheap on Amazon). I’ve just finished making this patterned iron on project with it.
What Is The EasyPress? – Cricut
The Official EasyPress 2 Announcement – Cricut
The EasyPress VS Heat Press VS Iron – Our 35 EasyPress Pros & Cons
Pin for later! 🙂
(Please note: This post contains affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.)