Looking for a new heat press machine for your t-shirts?
Promo Heat have recently released a new 15×15 inch heat press machine that might be for you – the stylish looking clamshell below. Continue down for the review.
About Promo Heat
This company currently have two machines for sale:
There are previous models that are no longer for sale – they have likely abandoned them and upgraded their machines, but you might read about older versions elsewhere online. These are the:
In my opinion, the new clamshell model which we are reviewing here is much better looking! And if the reviews are anything to go by, it is also much better performing. Let’s have a closer look at it now.
What’s The Promo Heat 15×15 Heat Press Like?
As has been mentioned, this is a clamshell heat press – particularly good if you have limited work space. It is a basic entry-level machine that is good for beginners, crafters, learners, or dabblers in heat pressing.
What Items Can I Press?
It is perfect for pressing garments such as t-shirts, kids clothes, tote-bags or pillow and cushion cases.
Other substrates besides fabrics that you can apply to with this machine include:
These substrates are often in the form of plaques or tags.
What Transfers Can I Use?
It will press all the usual types of heat transfers. This includes:
- Heat transfer vinyl (HTV)
- Sublimation images
- A 15 x 15 inch platen – a very good sized pressing plate (the next size up in heat press machines is the 16 x 20 inch – usually reserved for those in business with a high output and tendency to do XXL t-shirts, etc.)
- Digital LCD display with time and heat controls
- Pressure control knob
- Comes with a free teflon sheet to protect your heat platen when pressing
- An adjustable multi-spring balancer – basically a mechanism by which the machine can get a more even pressure across the item being pressed. This is good if seams or buttons are likely to be under the platen.
- A teflon coated heat platen – although I would still use a teflon sheet between the platen and garment. It’s always good to have a few on hand.
- Rubber feet to stabilize and to prevent scratching your tables and desks.
- This machine also comes with an instruction manual
- 5 foot long power cord
- 1400 watts
- 0 – 480 ℉ temperature range
- Weighs 55 pounds
Pros and Cons
This is a cheap heat press machine, which is both a pro and a con. It is a pro because obviously it is fairly easy on your wallet! – it isn’t going to cost you much. It is a con because you are missing out on some quality and functionality that you would get with a more expensive machine.
Some positive aspects of a cheap heat press include:
- If you’ve never used one of these machines before, and you’re not sure how much you will like using them, then this is a good machine to give it a go on. There’s a chance you might hate it, right? So you don’t want to splash out a ton of money on a gourmet heat press to discover that.
- If you want to start a small business in t-shirt design and creation, but you’re not sure if your idea will take off, then do some testing with a cheap heat press like the Promo 15 x 15. Produce some tees and try to sell them. As demand increases you can consider upgrading to a higher quality press.
- If you don’t think you’ll be using a heat press very often then it might be best to go for a cheap one. If it’s just for doing the odd craft project, or gift for friends and family, you don’t really need the King of the Presses.
Negative aspects of a cheap heat press:
- You won’t have features such as automatic opening or closing, digital pressure readings, the heating coils inside the heat platen won’t be as good.
- The overall strength and durability is unlikely to match that of the more expensive US made heat presses.
- You are unlikely to have the same ongoing customer service, or quality of service, as with a more prominent brand.
Click here to view this heat press on Amazon.
Promo Heat heat press machines come with a one year Limited Product Warranty. See their website for further details.
I think that this machine is one of the better cheap heat presses available now. It would probably be my pick if I were looking to buy one today.
If the price of this machine is what your budget calls for, then I think it’s a goer. It is one of the better looking heat press machines, and is on the whole being rated well by its users.
I expect this new machine to do well in sales, and then we will get more feedback from users in the customer review section of Amazon, the primary seller of this heat press.
As we always say when reviewing cheap heat press machines, you can’t expect it to perform and function as a high end machine. It is what it is.
You can, however, expect it to do as is advertised! As was mentioned above, this machine comes with a one year warranty. If you have any problems you can contact Promo Heat. Please see the contact page on their website.
Interested in more cheap heat press machines? See our article with 5 other cheapies here.
Thank you for visiting us here at How To Heat Press!
(Please note: This post contains affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.)