Promo Heat heat press machines are often unavailable. If this is the case when you are looking, consider one of the following 3 cheap heat press machines that are as good, or better, than Promo Heat:
Promo Heat Heat Press Review
Value For Money
Promo Heat Press Summary
The Promo Heat heat press is another good press for beginners. You can learn how to use it very quickly, and be producing your own t-shirts right away.
Promo heat machines have digital time and temperature displays, while the pressure is set manually by turning a knob on top. The pressure is set according to the thickness of the substrate you are pressing.
- Tthis machine is easy to use
- perfect for making t-shirts
- suitable as a craft heat press
- few bells and whistles
- not great for heavy use
- no customer service
Promo Heat Heat Press Machines
So the Promo Heat heat press has caught your eye?
I know the thrill that comes with looking for a new heat press machine. You want the best press for the best price. Well, Promo Heat sell some of the cheapest heat press machines available, and they are as good (if not better) than many others in this price range.
They have two heat press machines for sale:
Let’s start by taking a look at the 15 x 15 inch heat press.
Promo Heat Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine
The 15 x 15 inch Promo Heat heat press is a basic entry level heat press. It’s fantastic for home and craft use.
- Digital LCD time and heat controls
- Total range pressure control knob – adjust pressure to suit thickness of substrate
- Adjustable multi-spring balancer – a mechanism by which the machine can get a more even pressure across the item being pressed
- A teflon coated heat platen – though you should still use a teflon sheet between the platen and garment for added protection
- Rubber feet to stabilize and to prevent scratching your tables and desks
- An instruction manual
- Upgraded lower platen – aluminum lower platen with removable or reversible silicone pad
- Parallel arm handle with comfortable foam grip
- Compact space saving design – clamshell style takes up less space
- Heavy duty, commercial grade – stable, strong steel frame
- Heat platen – 15 x 15 inches
- Wattage – 1400 watts
- Temperature range – up to 480 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power – standard US 120 volt power cord 5 feet long
- Bonus Teflon sheet to protect your heat platen when pressing
Promo Heat Swing-Away Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine 12 x 10
The Promo Heat 12 x 10 inch heat press is a small machine that is great for people without a lot of space. A small heat press is also good for those who plan on doing mainly smaller projects (like children’s clothes), or who want to spend a little less on a press.
- It’s a swing-away heat press – the top platen swings 360° for total access to the work space
- A digital LCD time and temperature display – set the time and it will count down once the machine is closed
- A manual set pressure knob – set the pressure to suit the thickness of the substrate
- Easily transported or stored – a lighter weight and smaller frame than a 15 x 15 inch machine
- It is very cheap and affordable
- If you do not have a lot of space, it is small
- It will work with a ton of different transfers and substrates
- It is relatively light and easy to move around
- Good for home and craft use
- It is one of the better looking heat press machines
- It is fully set up and ready to go after unpacking
You can make your own baby onesies like this one I made
- It is a cheap machine and it will not last forever
- It’s more difficult to do large transfers with a small machine, though they can be done in stages
- This is not a heat press for making t-shirts all day everyday
- Shipping weight – 30 pounds
- Dimensions – 14 x 15 x 17 inches
- Temperature range – 0 – 450°F
- Time range – 0 – 999 seconds
- Watts – 550W
- Volts – 110V
What Can The 12 x 10 Press Be Used For?
This is a small heat press which means there are obviously some items for which it is not suited.
It will not be good for any transfer larger than approx. 9 x 11 inches. It could also be difficult placing large t-shirts into the press, even to apply a small transfer, because there is not the same amount of work space inside the machine. You might end up with some bunching which is not ideal for maintaining an even pressure for the press.
Its small size makes it good for pressing:
- Babies onesies
- Small plaques
- Baby bibs
- Children’s clothes
- Labels and tags on larger garments
- Tote bags
COMPARE PRICES: 12 x 10 On Amazon OR For Sale On Ebay
Promo Heat Buying Guide
This next section is what you can do with a Promo Heat heat press: the types of transfers that can be pressed; the different substrates (surfaces) that you can put transfers onto, and Promo Heat warranty information.
Types Of Transfers
- Heat transfer vinyl
- Sublimation images
- Flocked vinyl
- Inkjet transfers
And most other standard transfers – just check with the transfer manufacturer’s specifications first to be sure.
Types Of Substrates
- Most clothing fabrics
- Metal (tags etc.)
- Ceramic (tiles, for example)
Just make sure you’re using the right transfer paper and refer to any other specifications before trying any new projects.
Promo Heat Warranty
Promo Heat heat presses come with a limited warranty. This covers defects in Promo Heat presses caused by material or manufacturing faults. The warranty period is for 1 year from the date of purchase.
The warranty only applies to the original buyer of the Promo Heat machine, and cannot be claimed by further owners.
For much more information on Promo Heat’s warranty, see their website.
That’s all for now. Please leaves any questions or comments below and we’ll answer them right away.
(Please note: This post contains affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.)