You’re interested in a Promo Heat heat press machine?
I’m excited for you! I know the thrill that comes with looking for a new heat press machine. You want the best press for the best price. Well, Promo Heat sell some of the cheapest heat press machines available, and they are as good (if not better) than most others in this price range.
They have three heat press machines for sale:
Let’s take a look at all 3 of them in this post. I’m sure I can help you decide whether or not one of these machines is right for you.
Promo Heat Heat Press Machines
As you’ve probably noticed, the two 15 x 15 inch heat press machines from Promo Heat are very similar. However, there are a few differences that I’ll share below.
Let’s check them out…
Promo Heat 15 in. x 15 in. Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine – Beveled Edge
This 15 x 15 inch Promo Heat heat press can be distinguished from the other by the different top platen. This machine is Promo Heat’s newer machine, but it functions the same as the other model.
- Digital LCD time and heat controls
- Total range pressure control knob – adjust pressure to suit thickness of substrate
- Adjustable multi-spring balancer – a mechanism by which the machine can get a more even pressure across the item being pressed
- A teflon coated heat platen – though you should still use a teflon sheet between the platen and garment for added protection
- Rubber feet to stabilize and to prevent scratching your tables and desks
- An instruction manual
- Upgraded lower platen – aluminum lower platen with removable or reversible silicone pad
- Parallel arm handle with comfortable foam grip
- Compact space saving design – clamshell style takes up less space
- Heavy duty, commercial grade – stable, strong steel frame
I made a Sonic tee
- This machine is easy to use – the learning curve is not at all steep
- Perfect for learning how to make your own t-shirts for yourself, gifts, and for sale
- Also suitable as a heat press for the craft room
- Cheap heat press machines don’t have features such as automatic opening or closing, digital pressure readings, etc.
- Overall strength and durability is unlikely to match that of the more expensive US made heat presses
- You are unlikely to have the same ongoing customer service, or quality of service, as with a more expensive press
- Heat platen – 15 x 15 inches
- Wattage – 1400 watts
- Temperature range – up to 480 degrees Fahrenheit
- Power – standard US 120 volt power cord 5 feet long
- Bonus Teflon sheet to protect your heat platen when pressing
FIND OUT MORE: Read The Reviews & Check Today’s Price
Promo Heat 15 in. x 15 in. Sublimation Heat Press Machine – Square Edge
The Promo Heat Model PRO-3804X is very similar to the heat press above. In fact, the only real differences are in appearance. The essential features and specifications of this machine are identical to the model above. This machine has a different top platen, and different LCD screen, but otherwise it’s the same.
Because of this, if you are considering a Promo Heat heat press, don’t be afraid to just go with the cheapest. One is usually significantly cheaper than the other – you should get that one.
Who Should Get The Promo Heat 15×15 Heat Press?
As has been mentioned, this is a clamshell heat press – particularly good if you have limited work space. It is a basic entry-level machine, like all the other cheap heat press machines out there, but is great for certain people, including:
- Those who will be using a heat press for the first time – it is good for beginners because it is easy to learn how to use, and easy to perform the task
- This is a good press for the craft room – it is not overly bulky and it will allow you to make amazing gifts for your friends and family
- These machines would be adequate for a small business start-up making t-shirts and kids clothes
- This is a good press for teens and homeschoolers wanting to start a small business
- Small businesses pressing tags and/or brand labels onto garments
- People starting out in the industry
- People testing out their ideas
TAKE A LOOK: See The Price & Check The Reviews
Promo Heat Swing-Away Sublimation Heat Transfer Press Machine 12 x 10 Inches
The Promo Heat 12 x 10 inch heat press is a small machine that is great for people without a lot of space. A small heat press is also good for those who plan on doing mainly smaller projects (like children’s clothes), or who want to spend a little less on a press.
- It’s a swing-away heat press – the top platen swings 360° for total access to the work space
- A digital LCD time and temperature display – set the time and it will count down once the machine is closed
- A manual set pressure knob – set the pressure to suit the thickness of the substrate
- Easily transported or stored – a lighter weight and smaller frame than a 15 x 15 inch machine
- It is very cheap and affordable
- If you do not have a lot of space, it is small
- It will work with a ton of different transfers and substrates
- It is relatively light and easy to move around
- Good for home and craft use
- It is one of the better looking heat press machines
- It is fully set up and ready to go after unpacking
You can make your own baby onesies like this one I made
- It is a cheap machine and it will not last forever
- It’s more difficult to do large transfers with a small machine, though they can be done in stages
- This is not a heat press for making t-shirts all day everyday
- Shipping weight – 30 pounds
- Dimensions – 14 x 15 x 17 inches
- Temperature range – 0 – 450°F
- Time range – 0 – 999 seconds
- Watts – 550W
- Volts – 110V
What Can The 12 x 10 Press Be Used For?
This is a small heat press which means there are obviously some items for which it is not suited.
It will not be good for any transfer larger than approx. 9 x 11 inches. It could also be difficult placing large t-shirts into the press, even to apply a small transfer, because there is not the same amount of work space inside the machine. You might end up with some bunching which is not ideal for maintaining an even pressure for the press.
Its small size makes it good for pressing:
- Babies onesies
- Small plaques
- Baby bibs
- Children’s clothes
- Labels and tags on larger garments
- Tote bags
Promo Heat Buying Guide
This next section is what you can do with a Promo Heat heat press: the types of transfers that can be pressed; the different substrates (surfaces) that you can put transfers onto, and Promo Heat warranty information.
Types Of Transfers
- Heat transfer vinyl
- Sublimation images
- Flocked vinyl
- Inkjet transfers
And most other standard transfers – just check with the transfer manufacturer’s specifications first to be sure.
Types Of Substrates
- Most clothing fabrics
- Metal (tags etc.)
- Ceramic (tiles, for example)
Just make sure you’re using the right transfer paper and refer to any other specifications before trying any new projects.
Promo Heat Warranty
Promo Heat heat presses come with a limited warranty. This covers defects in Promo Heat presses caused by material or manufacturing faults. The warranty period is for 1 year from the date of purchase.
The warranty only applies to the original buyer of the Promo Heat machine, and cannot be claimed by further owners.
For much more information on Promo Heat’s warranty, see their website.
That’s all for now. Please leaves any questions or comments below and we’ll answer them right away. We’ll link one more time to the 3 Promo Heat machines and leave you with some further resources.
VIEW: The 3 Promo Heat Sublimation Heat Transfer Machines
(Please note: This post contains affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.)