Siser EasyWeed Foil Heat Transfer Vinyl – Siser Metal HTV
If you haven’t already, you’ve got to try Siser EasyWeed Foil heat transfer vinyl. Also known as Siser Metal heat transfer vinyl, it’s great stuff to glam things up!
Foil vinyl is a lot of fun to work with – I love the results. T-shirts, canvases, cushions and baby onesies all look amazing with foil vinyl. However, it’s always hard to get a good picture of a foil HTV project because of the bright reflections!
In this post we’ll be taking a look at Siser branded foil HTV – I think it’s the best foil HTV.
Siser EasyWeed Foil HTV
Siser EasyWeed Foil heat transfer vinyl is a very thin and shiny heat transfer vinyl. Sometimes it’s described as a Siser metallic vinyl because it really looks like polished metal!
Siser EasyWeed Foil is very similar to Siser’s ordinary EasyWeed (see our article here).
It has those same excellent features of regular EasyWeed, which are:
- cuts excellently in all good cutting machines (I use the Cricut Explore Air 2)
- very quick and easy to weed away excess vinyl
- adheres to garments extraordinarily well
- long life through many, many washes
Buy EasyWeed Foil HTV
Where can you buy EasyWeed foil? I’ll share some links to my favorite retailers. Amazon is always my go to store for cheap Siser foil and fast, free shipping (if you’re a Prime Member).
Siser EasyWeed Foil is only available in gold and silver.
Buy 11.8 x 36 inch rolls of Siser Foil on Amazon here: Gold or Silver.
Buy 12 x 20 inch foil HTV sheets from Expressions Vinyl here.
How To Use Siser EasyWeed Foil
Siser EasyWeed Foil can be applied to:
- 100% cotton garments
- 100% polyester garments
- polyester and cotton blended garments.
How To Cut EasyWeed Foil
Before you cut foil HTV you will need to mirror your design on your cutting machine software so that your machine cuts it backwards.
Cricut: standard blade | set dial to Iron-On
Silhouette Cameo: standard blade | set material to Heat Transfer, Smooth | speed 8 | Force 6
Brother Scan N Cut: standard blade | cut speed 1 | cut pressure 3
When weeding Siser EasyWeed Foil, heat up your lower heat press platen (or iron over a tea-towel to warm it up) for two to three seconds and then weed your vinyl on the warmed surface. The adhesive backing will loosen with the heat and allow you to weed your vinyl even faster!
How To Heat Press Siser Metal HTV
Once your design has been cut and easily weeded, it’s time to press it onto your t-shirt.
Here’s how to do it:
- Pre-press the garment to get rid of any wrinkles and moisture
- Make sure to lay down a Teflon sheet or Kraft paper to protect the transfer
- Set press temperature to 275° F (135° C) and allow it to reach temperature
- Set your press to medium pressure and press your garment for 15 seconds
- Remove garment from the press and allow to cool slightly
- Warm peel the carrier sheet
Please take note that this foil cannot be layered. You cannot overlap foil with foil, or place foil upon foil. Check out the following video to watch Joe applying Siser Metal HTV.
Can EasyWeed Foil Be Ironed On?
Yes, Siser EasyWeed Foil can be ironed on.
Here’s how to do it:
- Set the dial on your iron to between cotton and linen
- Allow iron to fully heat up
- Pre-iron the t-shirt to get out creases and moisture
- Use a cover sheet so that the metallic look of the foil doesn’t get ruined
- place your cover sheet over your transfer and press nice and firmly with your iron for 10 – 15 seconds
- Let your transfer cool down a bit so that you can peel the backing paper warm
- Repeat (with Kraft Paper & a light tea-towel covering it!) if necessary for another 5 – 10 seconds
EasyWeed Foil Care Instructions
In order for your garments to last longer, wait at least 24 hours after pressing before washing them for the first time.
When washing your garments, turn them inside out and wash cold with mild detergent. You can put them in your household dryer at a normal setting. Do not bleach or dry clean your garments.
Heat Transfer Foil Projects
Here are some foil and metal HTV project ideas for you to try soon!
Use Siser Foil on T-shirts.
Use Siser Metal HTV on tote bags and tees.
Use EasyWeed foil on throw cushions – so nice!
My favorite project to do – baby onesies! Looks great with metallic foil HTV.
And finally, another ladies t-shirt with foil vinyl – you can’t be a bit of text on a tee can you?
That’s all we’ve got for today – make sure you pick up some Siser EasyWeed Foil for your next project!
Have you tried Siser Metal HTV? Let us know what you thought of it in the comments below!
(Please note: This post contains affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy here.)